Type Here to Get Search Results !

Hollywood Movies

Debra Winger Reflects on Hollywood Clashes Personal Challenges and Taking a Break from Acting

Debra Winger Reflects on Hollywood Clashes Personal Challenges and Taking a Break from Acting

Renowned Hollywood actress Debra Winger, famous for her roles in iconic '80s films like An Officer and a Gentleman, Terms of Endearment, and Urban Cowboy, surprised the industry when she decided to step away from Hollywood at the age of 40.

Winger, known for her clashes with co-stars such as Richard Gere and Shirley MacLaine, reveals that she never truly felt a part of Hollywood. "I don't know what Hollywood is. I'm living under the freaking sign now, and I just stare at it and laugh," says the now 62-year-old actress. She adds that for her, Los Angeles is a place, but the concept of Hollywood doesn't resonate. "Broadway is more of a family than Hollywood, although there must be some in-crowds that I just don't know about."

Contrary to popular belief, Winger clarifies that her decision to leave Hollywood wasn't solely based on professional reasons but was primarily influenced by her personal life. "The parts that were coming, I wasn't interested in. I'd already done that or I'd already felt that. I needed to be challenged. My life challenged me more than the parts, so I dove into it fully."

Debra Winger Reflects on Hollywood Clashes Personal Challenges and Taking a Break from Acting

Winger emphasizes that she didn't permanently leave Hollywood but merely "pushed the pause button." During her six-year hiatus, she relocated to New York City, focused on her 1996 marriage to actor Arliss Howard, and embraced motherhood again at the age of 42, welcoming son Babe, now 19. She also has a son, Noah, 30, from her previous marriage to actor Timothy Hutton.

Reflecting on her life, Winger acknowledges being a risk-taker. "I definitely would call myself a risk-taker, but that's because I was too stupid to know there was a risk at the time," she admits. "I'm interested in what scares me. I just try to scare myself most days. You're really only here for a very short time, so I'm not really understanding the point of protecting something. The ultimate insult is coming for us all."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad