Type Here to Get Search Results !

Hollywood Movies

Halle Bailey Triumph as a Catalyst for Strength

Halle Bailey Triumph as a Catalyst for Strength

Recent triumphs have endowed Halle Bailey with newfound strength, a sentiment she enthusiastically shares.

The 23-year-old actress, renowned for portraying Ariel in Disney's 'The Little Mermaid' earlier this year, reflects on the profound impact of this experience. Describing it as "overwhelmingly beautiful," Bailey acknowledges the weight of stepping into a role cherished by so many.

In an interview with Variety, the actress, previously known for her role in the TV sitcom 'Grown-ish,' exclaims, "This is a whole new world! 'Mermaid' was really my first big film, and it was interesting because going into something that means so much to so many people for my first project was very overwhelming - but overwhelmingly beautiful."

Bailey discerns personal growth stemming from her involvement in the movie. She shares, "When I wrapped, I felt such freedom, and I was so proud of myself. I stumbled a bit along the way, but in the end, I came out way stronger."

Halle Bailey Triumph as a Catalyst for Strength

Not confined to the underwater realm, Halle Bailey also graces the screen in 'The Color Purple,' a new period drama film adapted from Alice Walker's novel. Drawing parallels between shooting the film and attending a "family reunion," Bailey expresses her comfort and self-discovery on set.

"Ariel taught me a lot about myself. So coming out of that energy into 'Color Purple' was so beautiful for me because I felt more comfortable in my skin," she remarks. Bailey, surrounded by a stellar cast including Taraji P. Henson, Fantasia, and H.E.R., revels in the experience of being on an all-black set, describing it as akin to a daily family reunion. 

Despite a smaller role, the opportunity provides her the luxury of soaking in the environment, observing and learning from her heroes like Fantasia and Taraji P. Henson, leaving her in awe and pondering, "How the hell am I here?"

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad