Type Here to Get Search Results !

Hollywood Movies

Jodie Foster Reveals Turning Down Princess Leia Role in Star Wars Due to Disney Contract

Jodie Foster Reveals Turning Down Princess Leia Role in Star Wars Due to Disney Contract

Jodie Foster dropped a surprising revelation on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon, disclosing that she was offered the role of Princess Leia in 'Star Wars' but had to turn it down due to a prior contract with Disney. Foster did not specify the Disney movie, but considering the timeline, it is likely to have been "Freaky Friday," released a year before "Star Wars."

Fallon inquired about the iconic role, saying, "I saw this on the internet — you were offered the role of Princess Leia in ‘Star Wars,’ is that true?" Foster confirmed, "I was, yeah. They were going for a younger Princess Leia, but I had a conflict. I was doing a Disney movie, and I just didn’t want to pull out of the Disney movie because I was already under contract."

The role of Princess Leia eventually went to Carrie Fisher, who was 19 during filming. Casting Foster, who was only 13 or 14 at the time of filming the original "Star Wars," would have brought a different dynamic to the iconic character. 

Jodie Foster Reveals Turning Down Princess Leia Role in Star Wars Due to Disney Contract

Reflecting on Fisher's portrayal, Foster praised her, saying, "And they did an amazing job. I don’t know how good I would have been. I might have had different hair. I might have gone with a pineapple."

Carrie Fisher reprised the role in multiple "Star Wars" films, becoming an enduring part of the franchise's legacy. Jodie Foster, currently making waves with projects like the Netflix drama "Nyad" and HBO’s “True Detective,” acknowledged Fisher's excellence in the role, recognizing that she might have brought her unique touch to it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad